The importance of attachment:
- Bowlby, J. (1982). Attachment: Second Edition. New York: Basic Books.
- Wright, K. (1997). Babies, Bonds and Brains Discover Magazine, October.
- Rank, O. (1929-31). Will Therapy. W. W. Norton (1978).
- Schore, A. (1994). Affect Regulation and the Origin of the Self: The Neurobiology of Emotional Development. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Winnicott, D. W. (1965). Maturational Processes and the Facilitating Environment: Studies in the Theory of Emotional Development. London: Hogarth Press.
- Doi, T. (2002).The Anatomy of Dependence. Kodansha
Insecure attachment patterns may increase the risk of psychopathology (especially with additional risk factors)
- Hoffman, K. T., Marvin, R. S., Cooper, G., & Powell, B. (2006). Changing toddlers’ and preschoolers’ attachment classifications: The Circle of Security Intervention. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 74(6), 1017–1026.
Early attachments and children’s well-being:
- Whitebread, D. (2012). Developmental psychology and early childhood education: A guide for students and practitioners. London, United Kingdom: Sage.
Adults need knowledge how to have consistent, accountable and reflective attachment interactions with young children
- Page, J. and Elfer., P. (2013). The emotional complexity of attachment interactions in nursery. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal, Vol 21(4), p. 553-567.